OMD Research Assistant
Start date: August 2019.
Location: Berkeley, CA
Hours: 25-30 hours/week, potential full-time position within 6 months
One Meal a Day (OMD) is a national movement and book by Founder, Suzy Amis Cameron to reduce meat and dairy consumption and get more plant-based foods on plates around the world, driven by the environmental and health impacts of animal agriculture.
The overarching goal is to support individuals in dedicating at least one plant-based meal a day to the environment and their health, and to get more healthy, meat and dairy-free meals served in K-12 schools and restaurants around the country.
The OMD Research Assistant will be responsible for assisting OMD’s team with all OMD-related activities, including fielding requests from various Berkeley- and L.A.-based staff. Responsibilities include: doing backend research on campaign-related projects, outreach management, tracking engagement, logistic and administrative coordination, and managing the OMD database and influencer lists. We’re seeking an organized, efficient and focused individual with solid communication and writing skills, professionalism, discretion and attention to detail. Even-keeled, flexible and solutions-oriented qualities are essential.
OMD Research Assistant Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Aid OMD team members with backend analysis and research initiatives for campaign work, including but not limited to K-12 school lunch programs, restaurant industry and marketplace trends, and the dairy industry.
- Work in a deadline-driven environment, providing administrative, clerical and organizational support.
- Be willing and able to write or contribute to creative blogs and support other team members with OMD blog-related content.
- Outreach management and assistance in contacting outside organizations and companies to assist OMD Engagement Manager, North Carolina Field Organizer, and Campaign Manager.
- Note-take at meetings, manage action items and track and implement follow-up (including Data Entry and Audio to Text Transcription for meetings and conference calls).
- Work within project management tools and collaboration software with the OMD team, such as G-suite, Slack and Airtable.
- Maintain influencer, media & supporter engagement database.
- Comfortable and excited to do data entry & note-taking.
- Extremely computer-savvy (Mac), excellent writing skills, an exceptional typist, detail-oriented and regular follow through.
- Drafting emails, correspondence and additional writing assignments.
- Support with recruitment and planning for campaign events, and remote organizing for days of action to get more food institutions serving plant-based entrées.
- 2+ years of hands-on research, administrative or executive assistant experience required.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, project management and time management skills a must.
- Research skills.
- Experience working on grassroots campaigns or media and communications ideal, especially pertaining to environmental or food system initiatives.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, PowerPoint.
Compensation and Details
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a Medical and Dental Insurance package.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
One Meal a Day (OMD) is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.