One Meal a Day Assistant
Start date: July 2018
Location: Los Angeles
One Meal a Day (OMD) is a national movement and book by Founder, Suzy Amis Cameron to reduce meat and dairy consumption and get more plant-based foods on plates around the world, driven by the environmental and health impacts of animal agriculture.
The overarching goal is to support individuals in dedicating at least one plant-based meal a day to the environment and their health, and to get more healthy, meat and dairy-free meals served in K-12 schools and restaurants around the country.
The OMD Assistant will be responsible for assisting Suzy Amis Cameron’s team with all OMD-related activities, including fielding requests, working with various Berkeley- and L.A.-based staff and also with subcontractors. Responsibilities include: managing needs, maintaining and updating photos, press and media asset archives, managing the OMD database and influencer lists. We’re seeking an organized, efficient and focused career assistant with excellent communication and writing skills, professionalism, discretion and attention to detail. Even-keeled, flexible and solutions-oriented qualities are essential.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to also support the OMD campaign, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
OMD Executive Assistant Duties
- Working in a deadline-driven environment, providing daily administrative and organizational support.
- Serving as a support position to Suzy Amis Cameron’s team.
- Checking in after hours and on weekends in the case of urgent matters.
- Handle the affairs with complete discretion and confidentiality to preserve the employers’ privacy.
- Note-taking at meetings, managing action items and tracking and implementing follow-up (Including Data Entry and Audio to Text Transcription for meetings and conference calls.)
- Liaise as needed with publicity, publisher, OMD team, designers, social media team, etc.
- Work with Suzy’s assistant, Amelia to schedule OMD related events, meetings, and date-sensitive deadlines.
- Work within organizational systems with the OMD team, such as Slack and Airtable.
- Maintain influencer and media database, without duplicating personal or business address book.
- Comfortable and excited to do data entry, note-taking and transcribing
- Assist in the development of systems and protocols.
- Extremely computer-savvy (Mac), excellent writing skills, an exceptional typist, detail-oriented and amazing follow through.
- Drafting emails, correspondence and additional writing assignments.
- Research skills.
OMD Campaign Assistant Duties
- Social media community management.
- Remote supporter engagement via phone calls and emails to answer questions, offer people support in dedicating at least One Meal a Day to their health and the planet and provide resources for individuals to take action in their community on the school lunch and/or restaurant campaign.
- Support production on the bi-weekly OMD newsletter, The OMD Beet.
- Support with recruitment and planning for campaign events, and remote organizing for days of action to get more food institutions serving plant-based entrées.
- Help manage a database tracking engagement with supporters, restaurants and schools
- Bachelor Degree required
- 2+ years of hands-on administrative or executive assistant experience required
- Excellent organization, prioritization, project management and time management skills a must
- Experience working on grassroots campaigns ideal
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, PowerPoint, WordPress, Mac Mail, and iCal (complex calendar management)
Compensation and Details
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a Medical and Dental Insurance package.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
One Meal a Day (OMD) is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.